Amongst the Red Leafs
GENERAL HOUSE RULES
- Character Creation: Everything from the official Player’s Handbook can be used for character creation.
- Character Creation: A newly created character starts play at the same level as the currently lowest level player of the party. If all other characters are currently at the same level, the new character starts play one level below the rest of the party.
- Character Creation: A newly created character can gain a bonus level by having a completely filled out character page. See Character Generation for more information.
- Combat: When you roll initiative at the start of combat you add either your dexterity or your wisdom modifier, whichever is higher.
- Combat: When a class feature allows you to cast a spell as a bonus action on your turn, you cannot use your action to cast a spell of a level higher than 2nd level during that turn.
- Resting: Taking a short rest only takes 5-10 minutes, instead of the usual hour. Taking a long rest takes 1 hour instead of 8, but you only regain half of your expanded spell slots and hit dice. You cannot regain spell slots of sixth level or higher this way. To regain all expended spell slots and dice, you must take 8 hours of uninterrupted rest.
- Ranger (Beast Master): As the Beast Master rises in level, the number of animals available to her as a companion increases. Starting at 4th level, the Beast Master can befriend animals of a CR equal to or lower than 1/2. A Beast Master of 8th level or higher can befriend animals up to and including 1 CR. A Beast Master can perform a ritual to increase its current animal companion’s CR to the highest available to the Beast Master. This ritual takes 8 hours of uninterrupted concentration and the Beast Master must be alone with the beast for the entire duration.
- Ranger (Beast Master): When the Beast Master commands her beast to take the Attack action, the beast will continue to attack the same target during each of its subsequent turns. The Beast Master doesn’t need to use her action to make her beast attack during these turns. Commanding the beast to attack a new target uses an action as normal.